We’ve added the ability for clients to perform MaxDiff (short for Maximum Difference scaling) analysis within the platform. MaxDiff is a research technique used to identify consumer preferences among a set of attributes (ex: flavors, product features, etc.). MaxDiff questions show respondents subsets of attributes, and for each set require respondents to select their best and worst options for the given set.
Below is a step-by-step guide for setting up and reviewing the results of a MaxDiff survey:
- Select ‘MaxDiff Survey’ from the ‘Create Action Menu’
- On the ‘Setup’ page, write a title and description for your survey! This will be the first thing respondents see when they open the survey. Click ‘Next.’
- On the Audience page, set up any desired targeting and quotas for your survey. You cannot designate the number of respondents to take your MaxDiff Survey- this will be determined by the Suzy platform after you’ve inputted your MaxDiff actions and attributes.
- Due to the respondent minimums for MaxDiff surveys, use care and good judgment when setting up any targeting and quotas to ensure you can meet the minimum respondent requirements!
- Interested in how Suzy determines the optimal number of respondents for your MaxDiff survey? Click here to find out!
- On the ‘Questions’ page, add your survey questions! You need to add at least 1 MaxDiff action in order to proceed!
- When adding a MaxDiff action- write your question text and add the attributes you would like to test.
- Depending on the number of attributes you are testing, you will have a choice of displaying attributes in 1, 2, or 3 sets. The number of sets you select is the number of questions your MaxDiff action will use in your survey
- Reminder: you cannot use in-step targeting for your MaxDiff action- meaning you cannot target your MaxDiff to another question in your survey. This has to do with the strict respondent minimums around MaxDiff actions! Your MaxDiff action MUST be completed by every respondent in the survey.
- Once your questions are finalized, head over to the ‘Review’ page. This page will show the designated number of respondents your survey will go to, which depends on the number of MaxDiff attributes and MaxDiff actions in your survey. You can preview your survey by clicking the ‘Preview’ button on the top right hand corner.
- When you are satisfied with your survey, click the ‘Launch Now’ button!
Below are some specifics when it comes to targeting and piping with MaxDiff actions.
- You cannot target your MaxDiff to another question in your survey. This has to do with the strict respondent minimums around MaxDiff actions! Your MaxDiff action MUST be completed by every respondent in the survey.
- However, you CAN target back to your MaxDiff action! When targeting to a MaxDiff action, you will be able to target to either the “most” or “least” value, as well as any attribute(s) selected by a respondent. “Or” / “And” logic supported.
- You can also pipe from a MaxDiff action into answer options of Multiple Choice questions, rows of Scale questions, and columns/rows of Custom Grid questions
- If you were to pipe from a MaxDiff action and pipe in “most”, it will pull in the attribute(s) that were selected as “most” across the MaxDiff set(s). If you were to pipe from a MaxDiff action and pipe in “least”, it will pull in the attribute(s) that were selected as “least” across the MaxDiff set(s).
- Based on how many sets were in the MaxDiff action you are piping from, that’s how many answers will be piped in. See below:
- If you pipe “most” from a MaxDiff with 1 set - only one answer will be piped (the attribute selected as “most” by respondents)
- If you pipe “most” from a MaxDiff with 2 sets - two answers will be piped (the attributes selected as “most” in the two sets)
- If you pipe “most” from a MaxDiff with 3 sets - three answers will be piped (the attributes selected as “most” in the three sets)
After launching your survey, head over to the Insights Explorer page to see live results! The Attribute Performance chart will populate with live results. Utility Scores and Crosstabs will be available after your action fills to completion.