Below are some best practices around MaxDiff! Following these tips and tricks will help you achieve solid results when running MaxDiff actions on Suzy.
- Consider your MaxDiff survey’s target audience carefully! MaxDiff actions have strict respondent minimums. Use care when selecting your target audience and ensure you can meet all respondent requirements before launching your MaxDiff action!
- If you are testing 5 attributes, you will need a minimum of 120 respondents
- If you are testing 6 attributes, you will need a minimum of 720 respondents
- If you are testing 7+ attributes, you will need a minimum of 1,000 respondents
- If you are targeting to a previous action/screener- check response counts to ensure your previous action/screener has enough people to field your MaxDiff survey!
- Respondent minimums for MaxDiff:
Always pair a MaxDiff with an absolute measure, or an absolute metric follow up (monadic test, Purchase Intent/Relevance question) as a way to ground MaxDiff results. Remember: MaxDiff is a relative measure. Pairing MaxDiff with an absolute measure places your MaxDiff in a more real world context, giving you additional insights when interpreting your study's results!