When conducting an interview on the Suzy Live platform, there are a few things to keep in mind. Consider your role in the interview -- are you the moderator, the notetaker, or viewer?
- If you do not have much experience being a moderator for an in-depth interview, practice your discussion guide ahead of time with people who have not seen it or do not know much about the topic.
- Enlist a notetaker so you can focus solely on what the individual is saying.
- Make the individual feel comfortable at the start of the interview.
- Incorporate feedback from your team to shift the dynamic of the interview.
Please note: These moderator tips are designed for those who are more inexperienced when it comes to moderating an in-depth interview. These moderator tips should not be considered a training alternative to what a professional moderator would traditionally receive.
We highly recommend using a professional moderator to conduct these interviews. You can preview a list of some recommended moderators here.
- You will be automatically muted throughout the entire interview, no need to worry about that.
- Focus on writing the main takeaway and not just transcribing what the individual says. A transcript will be available for the interview so that you’re able to focus on what matters the most.
- Use the bookmark feature while the interview is being conducted so you can pinpoint sections of the interview to quickly refer back to. Add a quick comment to remember why you bookmarked that section.
- Come up with a list of tags before the interview so you can quickly search through your comments/bookmarks.
- After the interview has concluded and is available in the platform, playback sections to create custom clips with more in-depth comments and notes.
- Sit back and enjoy the interview! You will be automatically muted, and won’t be able to take action in the platform.