Once you’ve finalized and finished programming your survey, you can start to work on your translations if needed.
- To ensure that all visible text is downloaded and that the translations map one-to-one, export the original survey text. This is based on what you’ve programmed already, so we recommend starting translations after you’ve finalized your survey.
- The excel file will feature your questions and answer choices, but also error messages or helper text that are automatically generated by the platform. These will also need to be translated for a seamless user experience.
- Make sure any translations are in the column next to the original survey text.
- Once translations are completed and are in the proper column, upload the translation document.
- We recommend reviewing the translation document in the preview window to ensure that the text is lined up properly.
- Any updates you make to the survey after uploading your translation document will be flagged and you must upload a new translation document reflective of the changes you have made.
- We recommend working with a translation vendor who is well versed in regional best practices. We strongly advise against relying on Google Translate/similar translation softwares because context and relevance can be “lost in translation” when using these tools.
- Translation vendors typically take 3 days at least- please plan for this accordingly when planning project timelines.
- For more information about translations, please refer to this article on translation best practices.
After your translations are uploaded, you are all set to Review your project!