When you start your survey, it will take you to the Setup page. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to start your global survey!
Name Your Survey Section
- Name your survey! This is how your survey will appear to you on the Action List and Results pages. This title will not be shown to respondents and is mainly for your reference.
- Specify the number of respondents needed for your survey
- With global there is no cap on the number of respondents you can target.
- The summary screen on the side - will show the feasibility of your project as you continue to add on qualifications.
- Specify the country you’d like to run research in.
- You can only target one country per survey.
Global Settings Section
- Select the language you’d like respondents to experience the survey in.
- If you allow for multiple target languages, the respondent will see their preferred language based on their internet browser settings.
- Indicate if the survey will have sensitive information. This is required to maintain compliance with privacy laws across regions.
- According to the internationally accepted data privacy principles and relevant data privacy laws, in order to collect sensitive data, you need “explicit” consent from respondents. Respondents will be shown the following question:
- “This survey may contain question(s) about a sensitive topic (examples include: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health (physical or mental), sexual activity, genetic and biometric data questions). It’s a topic that might make some people uncomfortable. If answering question(s) about these topics makes you uncomfortable, you may choose to opt-out or confirm your consent below.
- Do you voluntarily agree to proceed with answering the question(s)? (Yes/No)”
- Please note, Sensitive Question screeners will likely increase this survey’s dropout rate and affect the estimated Incidence Rate, Length of Interview, and Cost per Interview.
Target Audience Section
- Basic Demographics
- Don’t worry about quotas on this page, focus on setting the parameters and set gender, minimum and maximum age range, and the regions* you’d like to target. You will be able to add quotas and additional profiling questions on the next page.
- *China and Nigeria do not have regions available.
- For China, you can select Provinces on the next page under the Additional Profiling section.
- For Nigeria you can screen for region in the qualifier section of your project
Project Summary Panel (on right hand side)
- On the side there is a “Project Summary” panel which will update key metrics to help estimate the price of your study. This allows you to adjust your targeting to fit your budget.
- The summary panel includes:
- Feasibility (green check = feasible, red x = not feasible)
- Target sample size
- Feasible sample size
- Estimated IR
- Estimated CPI
- Estimated days in field
- Total Estimated Cost*
- Available funds
- Estimated costs will be held as 'pending payments' until the project is fully closed and invoiced. The final monetary amount may vary depending on how your project performs in field
- Please note, estimated costs exclude translation fees!
All finished? The next step is the Audience page