Quotas are a great way to specify and control the sample composition of your study! Suzy supports a variety of quotas- below are some important notes about quotas on Suzy!
- Custom quotas are available for all actions on Suzy!
- Custom quotas can be set up as interlocked or non-interlocked. Not sure about the difference? Click here!
Types of Quotas Available on Suzy!
Demographic Quotas: Gender, age, region, and ethnicity. Users can set quotas on the below demographics that are built into the Suzy platform.
- Gender: Male/Female
- Age: Census Age Breaks (15-24, 25-34, 35-54, 55+), Suzy Standard Age Breaks (13-17, 18-24, 25-34, 35-49, 50-64, 65+), Custom Age Breaks (user defined).
Region: Northeast, Midwest, South, West
- Northeast: CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT, NJ, NY, PA
- Midwest: IN, IL, MI, OH, WI, IA, NE, KS, ND, MN, SD, MO
- South: DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV, AL, KY, MS, TN, AR, LA, OK, TX
- West: AZ, CO, ID, NM, MO, UT, NV, WY, AL, CA, HI, OR, WA
- Ethnicity: Asian, American Indian/Alaska Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Other/Prefer not to say, White/Caucasian
- Income: Under $25,000, $25,000 - $34,999, $35,000 - $44,999, $45,000 - $59,999, $60,000 - $74,999, $75,000 - $99,999, $100,000 - $149,999, $150,000 or more, I prefer not to answer
- When using demographic quotas, you can also utilize previous action targeting!
Previous Action Response Quotas
- Users can set quotas based on answer choices within a single select multiple choice question
- Users can target standalone multiple choice questions or questions present within another survey, screener, or monadic survey
- Users can set quotas based on custom groupings created through Suzy’s auto-assign feature. For more information on Auto-Assign, please click here!
- Single Select Multiple Choice Questions
- Users can set quotas based on their typing tool segments! This only applies for clients who have their typing tool uploaded to their dashboard.
- To quota by segments, Suzy requires that your typing tool be refreshed in June 2022 or later. If you don’t see segments available to quota by, please reach out to your CSM!
A few notes of quotas:
- When specifying percentages for quotas, percentages can only be entered in .5% increments. Any other percentages entered will be rounded to the nearest whole percentage.
- Total response count may adjust (normally increase) as percentages are updated. This ensures the platform matches percentages as accurately as possible.
- Once your survey is live, you can check in on quotas via the details page.
Need to change a quota after an action has gone live? No problem- users can edit quotas by clicking on the edit button!
- Example: If you’ve put a 0% for a quota, indicating that you do not need any respondents from that quota, you cannot modify that quota in the editing process
- Please note- users cannot add any additional quotas after an action has gone live! Users can only modify existing quotas.
- Users can remove quotas if necessary. The platform will NOT trim any overages- no respondents will be removed from the action and the survey will continue to field with natural fall out for the remaining respondents.
- The following quota metrics can be interlocked:
- The following quota metrics can utilized as non-interlocked quotas:
- Previous Action Responses
- When using quotas, and especially when layering targeting on top of quotas, please be mindful of the audience you are targeting! Setting hard-to-reach quotas and niche targeting runs the risk of your project having long fielding times, or even not fielding to completion!
Interested in setting up your own custom quotas? Head over to our step-by-step guide to get started!