Suzy's Auto-Assign feature allows users to create audiences based on survey and screener responses. These Auto-Assign audiences can be used for quotas, targeting, and data analysis!
Auto-Assign, sometimes called hidden question or hidden punch, is a “question” that is answered implicitly by respondents. Users must specify the criteria for each Auto-Assign group based on survey responses. Auto-Assign will not pull from a client’s question allotment and are not visible to survey respondents.
Note: All Auto-Assigns must be created within a screener or survey. They must be created before the screener/survey is live- they cannot be added in later! Users can create 1 Auto-Assign grouping per screener/survey.
- Within the ‘Create Groups’ section, click ‘Auto-Assign.’ This will automatically open up the Auto-Assign modal
- Fill in Auto-Assign name- this will be the overarching name of your groups
- Specify Auto-Assign groups- these are the specific groupings that users will define based on respondents’ survey answers. For example, Group 1: Social Media users who are open to trying a new app; Group 2: non-Social Media users who are open to trying a new app.
- Groups can be made with the same functionality as in-step targeting logic
- Users can create up to 5 groups within their Auto-Assign
- NOTE: Any respondents that do not fall into an Auto-Assign group will be classified as “None of the Above” automatically
- Click ‘Save’ after your Auto-Assign groups are created.
- Details on your Auto-Assign will appear on the Review page prior to launch, and Survey Details page after your survey is live.
- Users will have the ability to preview Auto-Assigns and test the logic in the survey preview experience. It is strongly recommended that you utilize preview to check the Auto-Assign logic before launch!
Results & Analysis:
- Auto-Assign data will display in the Survey Summary page, Insights Explorer, Crosstabs, and platform exports (PowerPoint, bulk raw files, demographic summary crosstabs)
- Users will answer questions and be auto-punched into their group based on the answer they provide
Editing an Auto-Assign:
- Auto-Assign targeting can be edited post launch! Users can alter logic within the Auto-Assign to change the composition of their groups.
- Please note: Auto-Assign Name, group names, and number of groups cannot be edited. Users cannot add additional Auto-Assign groups when editing.
Auto-Assigns and Mutual Exclusivity:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Auto-Assigns groups are mutually exclusive and single select, meaning that each respondent can only be assigned to one group
- If a respondent qualifies for more than one group they will be automatically placed in the first one for which they qualify
Q1. What is your favorite color?
Q2. What is your favorite pet?
Auto Assign: Color and Pet Groups
Group 1: Blue (Q1=A)
Group 2: Blue and Dog (Q1=A and Q2=A)
If a respondent selects Blue at Q1 and Dog at Q2 they would be grouped into Group 1 regardless of the fact that they match the Group 2 criteria because Group 1 was the first Auto-Assign group specified during setup. Because the respondent meets the Group 1 criteria they will be put in that bucket and not considered for Group 2. When setting up your Auto-Assign, groups should be created in priority order because respondents will be classified into the first one they qualify for! As a best practice, put the most niche Auto-Assign groups first to maximize the number of qualifying respondents.
Using an Auto-Assign for Quotas:
One of the many uses for Auto-Assign is setting quotas on your custom Auto-Assign groupings! Please note, Auto-Assign groupings can only be set up via non-interlocked quotas! Below are steps on how to use Auto-Assign for Quotas:
- Target your survey to the action containing the Auto-Assign
- After your survey has been properly targeted, Auto-Assign quotas will be available under the Non-Interlocked quota menu
- Set the desired quotas for your Auto-Assign groups and click ‘Save’.