Auto-Assign allows users to create audiences based on survey and screener responses. These Auto-Assign audiences can be used for quotas, targeting, and data analysis!
Auto-Assign, sometimes called hidden question or hidden punch, is a “question” that is answered implicitly by respondents. Users must specify the criteria for each Auto-Assign group based on survey responses. Auto-Assign will not pull from a client’s question allotment and are not visible to survey respondents.
- Within the Create Groups section, click Auto-Assign. This will open up the Auto-Assign modal.
- Enter a name for your Auto-Assign. This acts as a title for the overarching theme of your groups.
Specify your Auto-Assign groups. These are the specific groupings that you define based on respondents’ survey answers.
For example: Group 1 is Social Media users who are open to trying a new app, and Group 2 is non-Social Media users who are open to trying a new app.
- Set up the criteria for each group using OR, AND and NOT logic.
- Users can create up to 10 groups within one Auto-Assign, and you can create up to 3 Auto-Assigns at once. Any respondents that don't qualify for an Auto-Assign group will be classified as “None of the Above” automatically.
- Click Save.
- Details on your Auto-Assign will appear on the Review page prior to launch and on the survey details page after your survey is live or completed.
- You're able to preview your Auto-Assign and test the logic in the survey preview experience.
Results & Analysis:
Editing an Auto-Assign:
The criteria or logic for each of your Auto-Assign groups can be edited post launch if needed. However, the Auto-Assign Name, group names, and number of groups cannot be edited.
Auto-Assigns and Mutual Exclusivity:
Auto-Assigns groups are mutually exclusive and single select, meaning that each respondent can only be assigned to one group. If a respondent qualifies for more than one group they will be automatically assigned to the first one for which they qualify, so the order matters.
Using an Auto-Assign for Quotas:
One of the many uses for Auto-Assign is setting quotas with your custom Auto-Assign groupings. Please note, Auto-Assign groupings can only be set up via non-interlocked quotas!
- To create quotas with Auto-Assign groups, click into Previous Targeting and target your action to your Auto-Assign.
- Click Quotas, and toggle to the non-interlocked menu.
- You should see your Auto-Assign populate in the drop down, indicated by the icon that looks like multiple people. Click save.
- Set the desired quotas for your Auto-Assign groups and click save.